Re: [OM] Stuff at Midwest Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuff at Midwest Photo
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:50:09 -0500
Hi Brian,
Thought this would be a good opportunity to check in.  We joined the little
mission church I told you about and are very happy there.  Looks like I'm
already the official photographer: we had a Fall Festival with free food,
Christian entertainment, etc.  I shot five rolls, culled about the best
60-70, and made a nice album.  We also had our first baptisms, which I also
recorded (*nailed*, actually, blush).
We closed on our new house today.  The place is only 10 months old.  The big
issue for me now is whether to turn a perfectly nice extra bedroom into a
darkroom.  It would be a matter of bringing water through from an adjacent
bathroom, covering the nice carpet, and scrounging some kitchen cabinetry
for the enlarger, treys, etc.  I might be looking for a good Omega B22 or
other old enlarger to use w/a cold light head.
Here's the latest photo plan.  I shot some Agfa APX 25 B&W, w/tripod and
OM-4 prefire--and had one of the best looking shots blown up to 8x12.
Marked contrast--even for me, and I'm a high contrast fan--but cold light
might tame it.  Wonderful performance from the 100/2.8, and absolutely *no*
grain; the med gray sky is smooooth.  I think this neg would stand a 16x20
enlargement better than anything I've shot w/400 speed film @ 8x12.  I
really don't mind working with slow film, since I use a tripod for almost
all of my "good" stuff, anyway.  So, MF seems unnecessary at the moment.
Which means I might be in the market for another -4 or a -4T; and I'd
probably give up the -1 or the -2n.  I've shot the -1 enough to know I love
it; haven't done justice to the -2n, though.
Hope all is well,
John