[OM] Problem with FTL 135mm lens

Subject: [OM] Problem with FTL 135mm lens
From: Mike Bloor <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:46:23 +0000
I have bought an FTL 135mm lens from ebay. It's in reasonable condition - looks like it's has a UV filter on from new. The problem is that there is loose play between the camera end part of the lens (mount/aperture ring/depth of field indicator) and the rest of the lens. The free part of the lens can droop slightly off axis. I don't know if it related, but the focus movement has one sector (about 15 degrees) which is much looser that the rest.

Have I bought a lemon, or is this something which can be fixed at a reasonable price ?

I don't actually have an FTL yet - anyone who wants to sell me one please get in touch.

(I posted this message a week ago but never saw it in the digest. My apologies if this is a duplicate posting).

Mike Bloor