Re: [OM] Huon Pines [was: I love my 16mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Huon Pines [was: I love my 16mm
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:01:53 EST
In a message dated 11/27/00 10:29:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Nope - there's a Huon Pine in Tasmania calculated at 12,000+ years. Then,
>  we used to have taller trees than Sequoias too but some idiot cut them
down.
>  Such is nature and our response to it. :-(
>  Andrew

I don't want California to be outdone so I looked up Huon Pine.
 <A HREF="http://www.enviroweb.org/edf/ishappening/trees/trees_huonpine.html";>
Tree Rings - Huon Pine</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.tased.edu.au/tot/fauna/huon.html";>Tour of Tasmania: Huon
pine</A>
Seems these at least are only 2000 years old or so.

Warren