Re: [OM] Wayne Thanks for volunteering

Subject: Re: [OM] Wayne Thanks for volunteering
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:06:01 +0800
I think it will take over 10MB for each VisionAge even you do it carefully
by chopping each picture and OCR the text. It will also take over 10 hours
for each issue. If you just scan and save each page in JPEG, the quality
will be poor or you have to scan them at 300dpi then it will need a hundred
MB for each issue!

The quality of photos inside was as good as the Olympus camera catalogue
printed at late 80', you need to keep the picture quality during scanning,
otherwise it does not make sense.

C.H.Ling