Re: [OM] Re: Reflecta Slide Projectors??

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Reflecta Slide Projectors??
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:30:43 +0100
Dirk Wright schrieb:
> >From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >Dirk which type do you mean? In Europe I know at least three different
> >straight
> >trays.

Most, if not all modern straight tray projectors are able to work with
all three types, DIN, LKM and CS.

> I have no idea. I'm an American, what do you expect???? <g> All I want to
> know is that this Reflecta Diamator A Slide Projector that I just asked my
> wife to get me for Christmas is not trash. We can't afford a real expensive
> one, so I'm just asking you Euro types if you have any experience or know of
> any reviews of this projector brand????

AFAIK Reflecta specializes in inexpensive projectors, but I've no idea
how this affects reliability. Diamator is the name for most of their
projectors, so it is difficult to identify this specific model. They
had an decent carousel type projector and an dissolve unit projector
working out of one tray.
At that price I wouldn't expect an decent lens coming with this
projector. Normally one pays that money for an excellent projecting
lens
alone.

I know that Kindermann "Silent" projectors are really silent (Kodak is
really noisy) and decent projectors with the air outtake in the front,
so the warm air doesn't blow you in the face. AFAIK one can use Leica
Colorplan lenses made for older Leica projectors with Kindermann
projectors. Kindermanns own high quality lenses are of similar quality
and similar priced.

Another company producing projectors with good price performance
relation is Braun. Their better projectors (Multimags, avoid Novamat)
have significant more metal in it and look much more precise than the
Kindermann ones. Leica projector of similar quality are significant
more expensive. Their better "Colorplan class" lenses are called
"Ultralit" and AFAIK made by Docter optics, price and performance not
much different from Colorplan.

I personally wouldn't buy to cheap, because who buys cheap buys twice.

Best regards

Richard