Re: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:55:29 -0500
In <LAW2-F2938TRwyo2vyh000046c9@xxxxxxxxxxx>, on 11/27/00 at 11:39 PM,
   "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>If grant funding comes through and the grant permits equipment
>purchases I might add MF or even LF  gear.

How important is tonal gradation in your photos of the wood? How much
will the photos be enlarged? As you can infer...tonal gradation and
resolution go up as the film area goes up, all other attributes staying
the same; the larger the display, the more likely the MF or LF negatives
or dia's are apt to surpass the 35mm.

But you know all that. If people think Zuikoholism is bad, just catch
the disease for MF or LF equipment. Have a firm picture of the
poorhouse in mind as you set out. Pick out what corner of it you will
want to claim as your own. THEN go out and buy all that larger format
kit.

[VBG]

les clark / edgewater, nj / usa