[OM] Re: Reflecta Slide Projectors??

Subject: [OM] Re: Reflecta Slide Projectors??
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:47:43 +1100
Hi Dirk,
I have the Reflecta Diamator AF. I can't give you a review of it's
optical quality as I have no other projector to compare it to side by
side. It's good enough to show when my photos are bad, but I don't doubt
there are better lenses than the supplied 90mm f2.8 which is a bit
plasticky.
Construction and design wise it is quite good - quite solid, has a carry
handle, remote (cabled) slots neatly into the top. The slide carrier can
be removed to reorient slides for the inevitable reversed/inverted ones,
or clean off hairs/dust). Bulbs are easily obtainable and easily
replaced without undoing any screws ets (no, I haven't had one blow but
I checked before I bought it). There are two brightness settings and a
bulb off setting, but the fan goes as long as the projector is connected
to the outlet. The AF works fairly well, but most of the time I just
leave it switched off and refocus with the remote if necessary. Slides
seem to pop less than other projectors I have used, so I guess they are
staying cooler. It takes at least three different sorts of magazine
(universal, CS and LKM) and has yet to jam up on me (I've had it about 3
years).
Dylan