Re: [OM] T45 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 problems
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:22:08 +0100
At 09:52 28.11.00 -0500, Mark Dapoz wrote:

>I just tested my T45 to see how it behaves.  I rebuilt the battery pack a
>few years ago using 700mAh Ni-Cd's and it has been at least 6 months since
>I last charged the battery pack.  After a full discharge, it takes
>approximately 2-3 seconds for the ready light to come on.  I then removed
>the battery pack and connected my AC Adapter 3.  It took approximately
>10 seconds to charge!  Don't use the AC Adapter 3 as a guideline for
>charging time.

My T45 with AC3 took 14 seconds after a full discarge, but I guess that's
normal then. With my rebuilt battery pack it now took over 15 seconds, but
a quick check with the volt-meter revealed that the voltage in the one
cluster being drained was now down to 4.1V, so fast recharging was not to
be expected.
So, the problem persists, and I'm still hoping for some good advice before
this thing gets major surgery. The only good thing is that I have at least
one working step-up circuit in there, so reverse engineering the other ones
should be possible if I can find the parts. Of course, a schematic would
make it easier... anyone?

Regards,
Thomas Bryhn