Re: [OM] a few questions.

Subject: Re: [OM] a few questions.
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:04:31 -0800 (PST)
Lex Jenkins wrote:
(snip) . . . Other manufacturers of Series 1 lenses for Vivitar include
Tokina and Komine.  I like to *think* I can tell the difference based
on how well a particular model from the Series 1 line has held up.
(snip)
Lex, I bought my Viv 70-210 (OM mount), brand new, in Singapore in
1993. I discovered, when I got back home to Jakarta, that it had a bit
of a wobble in the body (which can't be fixed by peeling back the
rubber grip and tightening the screws underneath - I've tried that),
plus bad zoom creep if the lens is not horizontal. I've hardly used it
but focusing is smooth and it does seem to give reasonable results, at
least for 5x7 prints. Would you have any idea about which company might
have actually made it, given (IMHO) the poor QC?

Regards,

=====
Ray