Re: [OM] a few questions.(OM-4 hi-light button)

Subject: Re: [OM] a few questions.(OM-4 hi-light button)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:14:31 -0600
Pablo Bernad wrote:
> (It´d be a bit silly to have an OM4 and not to know
> how to use the spot meter, wont it?).

You'd be surprised, Pablo!  I suspect _most_ OM-4 owners haven't a clue
how they work - they just set "Auto" and press the button!  Of course,
that's not anyone here on the Olympus list....:-)

> It is just the Hi light button the one it does not work.

That being the case, the most likely fault is either in the switch
itself,
or the wire that connects the switch to the main circuit.  Otherwise,
it's
probably a problem in the main circuit itself - but let's hope not!
In any case, the top cover will have to be removed to attempt a repair,
and
that's best left to a repair technician, sorry to say.