Re: [OM] 4T spot meter woes: Please advise

Subject: Re: [OM] 4T spot meter woes: Please advise
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:51:22 -0800
Dogbreath asked:

Hi.

Thanks for your attention.

Are any of you out there experiencing the following with your 4T:

When focused on a uniformly luminous composition - say, a gray card - will
a spot reading come up one stop under your center-weighted overall reading?
Even under the most controlled conditions (camera on sticks, frame filled
with evenly-illuminated gray card), the spot meter is one stop less
sensitive. Not good.

The presence of this shortcoming in my camera means that I have to
compensate each time I use the spot meter. That's an extra step I'd rather
leave out. This camera was overhauled by Photosphere not too long ago, so
I'm not suspecting a misadjustment.

Frankly, for all its theoretical advantages, the metering of the 4T has
brought me a lower success rate in that regard than, say, even a lowly
Nikon FE set to AE auto exposure.

I just checked mine. The center weighted and spot readings are exactly the same. Perhaps there is a problem with your camera?

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA