[OM] Unusual OM Literature - Wanna See Some?

Subject: [OM] Unusual OM Literature - Wanna See Some?
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:03:08 -0800
Recently, I've been on an OM sales literature kick. If you like to look
at old OM sales literature too, then you're invited to view some high
quality scans of an unusual Zuiko lens "poster" or flyer I recently
acquired. Appears to have been printed 6/84. Go to www.freedrive.com,
enter username <kelta> and password <kelton> where prompted, and you'll
get into my freedrive space. Once in, click on "my folder" and download
the zipped jpg's of this brochure. If you're the type of person who
believes in reciprocity, and likes to give as well as get, then upload a
scan of one of your pieces of OM literature for me (and other list
members) to look at. Could be fun. Scans are at 72dpi, fairly large (easy
to read), scanned using a program that minimizes the moire patters you
get when scanning halftoned art, are scanned as individual jpgs, and
finally zip-compressed into a single file (although the temptation to
stuff, instead of zip, was strong for me, a Macintosh user! But I thought
more of you had the capability to unzip than to unstuff a file.) If I get
enough high-quality scans of OM sales literature in my freedrive space, I
have a vague dream of making a CD-ROM of old OM sales literature that
could be circulated among enthusiasts. Wouldn't it be cool to have a
complete dupe on CD of all the OM sales lit that has existed!! If you
think this is a good or bad idea, let me know. I don't know what the
copyright ramifications are of screen-res scans of long-defunct sales
literature. Any replies by the attorneys on the list would be
appreciated. Otherwise, enjoy, and let's see how this experiment
progresses. PS: freedrive is notoriously flakey, so if it doesn't work
the first time, try again later. It is, after all, free. Oh, and PPS: if
someone has already instigated this idea elsewhere, please let me know -
don't want to reinvent the wheel. I'm a digest subscriber who actually
reads about 1/4 of the digests that arrive, so I'm often out of touch. It
may be that you smart cookies have already set up an FTP site for just
this very thing. If so, where is it?