Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:07:07 EST
ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  Now, from what I've  gathered, the 50/3.5's close up aberration control
group only kicks in when  the lens is set to the closest focus. IOW, when the
lens is set to infinity,  as should be done according to Pangerl, this group
will not kick in. Now the
 question is: which setting should I really set the 50/3.5 at for best
results.  >>

Having just dissembled and reassembled a 50/3.5 to remove fungus and relube,
it appeared to me that the small correction group  moves over a significant
range of focus. Maybe I did not examine the mechanism carefully enough to see
that the range is limited but that was my impression.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes