Re: [OM] flat bed scanner which to buy -

Subject: Re: [OM] flat bed scanner which to buy -
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:15:17 -0800 (PST)
I have limited experience in flatbeds, but wouldn't par. be a bit on the
slow slide? Cuz got a brand new Canon (600 series something?) par. port,
and it was slloooowwww even on the preview. me, otoh, gots an epson 636U
(almost same as the new 1200, but with 600dpi vs 1200dpi optical). the U
is for usb, and it is very fast. preview is a second n half, a 4x6 scan at
300dpi takes 7 secs or so (no need to scan at high rest, since print media
doesn't resolve any more). my two paise (fraction of a UScent at current
rate)

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero