Re: [OM] Gary S.'s ubiquitous TUTU (was: Roll Call)

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary S.'s ubiquitous TUTU (was: Roll Call)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:55:50 -0800
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Gary S. wrote:
>> After hanging out on this list longer than I care to
>> admit, this is probably redundant. [...]
>

>But what I want to know is does the TUTU still fit?

Oh, come on, Ken N.!  Where have you been? For the last few
weeks, I've been performing in this forum "Gore raising" :-)
pirouettes (with complete impunity, I might add), and you
have waited till now to bring up the mandatory tutu question?
Man, where is your sense of duty (and of comic timing)? :-)

Anyways, this is a legitimate inquiry, so let me elaborate.

After moving to Las Vegas, I had to hang my tutu in the closet.
See, culturally Vegas is really not an artsy, "ballet" kinda
town.  Here, the big acts are the Elvis impersonators and
magicians. (Well, also heavy weight boxing, Br*ttney Spe*rs,
and N'S*nc, but let's not drag this story into the cultural
abyss. :-))

So, for a while I dreamt of doing the Elvis gig.  I obviously
have Elvis's good looks, stunning voice, pouchy gut, and all
the pelvic moves -- especially the moves!!!  However, my hair
is thinning, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a wig or with
a hairpiece.  Moreover, I absolutely abhore substance abuse.
Thus, the Elvis Academy kicked my sorry derierre out.  <sob>

So now, I am trying the magician gig.  I've got myself a
terrific black robe, and, inspired by Mike Swaim, my first
magic trick shall be: taking a Zuiko 50mm F1.8, putting it
into an empty Sigma 28mm F2.8 box, and trying to convert it
into a Zuiko 40mm F2.  I hope this trick works also outside
Memphis, TN.  Pls, pls, pls -- wish me luck!

P.S.  Pls beware that I always keep the powder in (oops!
I meant: on :-)) my tutu dry, in case anyone is foolhardy
enough to mess with me.

P.P.S.  On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote, on the Subject: Re: [OM] Me [OT]:

>Mike Butler wrote:
>>My Ford Exploder is barely enough for a weekend trip
>>now a days.
>
>I hear ya.  We had a Suburban which was just about big
>enough for two small children. [snip]

Ken N. neglected to remind us that his family consists of
his wife and two daughters.  I think this clarification
makes the "not enough space" story almost self-explanatory.
<ducking for cover>

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx