[OM] E-10 WYSIWYG

Subject: [OM] E-10 WYSIWYG
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 23:17:21 EST
I have moments when I realize that inevitably we will all be doing digital
photography.  Until now, I could rationalize that digital cameras were both
too expensive and lacked the versatility and optics to rival the end result
of my OMs and Zuikos.  Then Olympus trumped us all with the E-10.  Yes,
$1999.95 is alot of money, but in comparison with the cost of a similar
pro-quality 35mm system new, well within the box.  So ......  some questions
for you who have experience with digital photography.

With the aperture set correctly, etc.  is what you see in the view finder
what you get vis a vis color temperature?  In other words, can one take
photos with fluorescent light, tungsten light and sunlight without using
color correction filters?  What latitude is there in digital photography, ie.
can you push digital medium or do you manipulate the result later with
Photoshop and the like?

My experience with photography goes back to 4 x 5 Speed Graphics and Press 40
bulbs, film developed in black bakelite tanks, and color was a luxury.  I
love the feel and familiarity of my OMs and they will have to pry them from
my cold, dead fingers.  But, I also want to enjoy the new Olympus benchmark,
the E-10.

So, let me have your collective wisdom, oh fellow Zuiks.

Dave Dougherty