Re: [OM] Digest V2 & UK repairs

Subject: Re: [OM] Digest V2 & UK repairs
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 06:41:36 +0100
Francois

That *was* my idea of a decent price when I had my OM1N sorted by
Luton Camera Centre.  They also modified the battery compartment for
me.  The total cost was £75 including P & P since I got it tax free
and with a 10 0iscount for being a member of the Olympus Camera Club
(Ian Aston is the editor).

However, I had not considered the alternative of getting another body
from MXV or Ffordes.  On the other hand, you might have had to do
such an overhaul on a 2nd hand body after the 3- or 6-month warranty
expired.

Chris

Hi all,

I went to the digest archive repository to download past issues of the
digest so I could read bit by bit what was said and, hopefully, learn some
more about OMs in general. The earliest archive is v02.n004. Does this means
there was a volume 1 which hasn't been kept? Or perhaps it has been saved
but elsewhere?

Secondly, I've just been quoted £80.00 + vat by Luton Camera Centre to give
my OM-2 an overhaul that includes changing the light proof foam. That sounds
very expensive considering I'll have shipping there and back as well. The
total cost would make it close to buying an OM-2 body from Ffordes or MXV.
Any UK member uses another repair place with descent prices?

Thanks,

Francois Rossi

--
<|_:-)_|>