Re: [OM] How do YOU use spot meter on OM4 (ti)?

Subject: Re: [OM] How do YOU use spot meter on OM4 (ti)?
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 23:21:27 +0100
Go to this site and have a look to it:

This feature is perfect for zone system.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E10/E10A4.HTM

The E-10 also offers a histogram function displaying the
distribution of brightness throughout the image, although you may
have to read the manual (as we did) to find it: To access the
histogram function, you have to first put the camera into the PC
Connection mode (?!) on the mode dial and then activate the
histogram through the settings menu there. (This settings menu
also controls other camera functions, such as the function of the
Macro button, date and time setting, file naming scheme, and RAW
file format enabling.)
Once activated, you can toggle between the normal exposure-
information display and the histogram by pressing the Info button.
We liked the E-10's histogram display because it was fairly large,
and seemed to show good detail in terms of the number of pixels at
various brightness levels. It seemed to do a bit better job than
other histogram displays we've seen of
telling us when a relatively small percentage of the image was
blown out, but we also really like camera displays that show
blown-out regions as black or blinking, to help see just where
you're losing highlights in an image. (Note to Olympus: Any
chance of seeing this feature as a firmware upgrade for the E-10?)

Dave