[OM] Wide angles

Subject: [OM] Wide angles
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:54:29 +0100
Some days ago there was a discussion about wide angles and lens speed.

One of my favorite lenses for years have been my 24/2, which I always use
when traveling. I don't know if it is better or worse than the 24/2.8 (a
lens I used on a trip to Egypt some years ago and brought back a lot of
nice slides) and I guess that in most cases the lens speed difference does
not matter much.

But if you, like I, use slow slide films and take pictures indoors or in
other low-light situations, the one F-stop difference makes the difference
between taking a picture on F2 at 1/15th of a second and F2.8 at 1/8 th of
a second, which might cause blur. And the faster lens makes it a little bit
easier to focus in poor light, too.

Lars Bundesen