Sv: [OM] OM 2 S/P problem

Subject: Sv: [OM] OM 2 S/P problem
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:30:25 +0100
Thanks for the replys to my problem with the OM 2 S/P.

Most of you misunderstood the problem, I'm afraid, perhaps because I was
not able to explain it correctly, it seems. The problem is not the common
mirror lock-up problem caused by dead batteries.
The problem is that the shutter is cocked, but the release button is locked
and will not fire the shutter, neither on  auto, manual or mechanical
settings, MD or anything.

I think the problem might be caused by dirt. I have got the advice to
remove the bottom cover plate and take a look at things inside. I'll try to
do that. I have not much technical skills, but I might be able to locate
the problem.

(I don't think my girlfriend is the problem).

I seem to have run into a lot of camera problems during the last year or
so: an OM 4 Ti and an OM 4 that eat batteries as hell, an OM 1 with a loose
connection in the hot shoe, so it sometimes syncs on FP, and now this OM 2
S/P.
I wonder if the gods want me to sell my Oly equipment (including 8, 18,
21/2, 40, 180/2 and 350 mm lenses etc.) and switch to the N****, C**** or
M****** brand instead?

Lars