Re: [OM] olympus UK

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus UK
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:05:56 +1100
I have had similar problems with the Oly distrib in Australia and also in NZ unfortunately. I've decided that from now on I'll just order OM stuff through John H in USA. The Aus<-> US $ exchange rate is a killer at the moment, but at least *most* of the OM things seem to be still avail in USA, and you know you are dealing with someone who *knows* about the OM system.

peter

FYI, olympus UK keep nothing, repeat nothing in stock OM wise anymore. Anything you want has to come from at least Hamburg, and often Japan. I was chatting to a friendly dealer who told me this was the score since when the 3Ti came out; he wanted to stock a reasonable selection of OM gear as he believed there was a market for it, but he couldn't 'cause oly UK didn't have any stuff. Explains why it took me so long to get 2-13s and some lens hoods...

Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Clinical Neurology
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305