Re: [OM] E10 in hand

Subject: Re: [OM] E10 in hand
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:12:27 +0800
I have seen this site before, this test only shown the poor
performance of Canon 100-400, the resolution of this lens is too low
and contrast is too bad, it just "match" the CCD resolution and it
also need some digital help to improve its sharpness and contrast. The
author mentioned RAW data from the DC, actually any RAW data need
manufacturer's custom software for processing, RAW does really mean
"raw". The D30 is not magic, the resolution should be similar to D1,
S1 and E-10. Check the image-resources test result you will know. If
it is that good, no one will use film anymore. Also the "detail"
images doesn't look like actual pixel size on screen.

Believe me, the unsharpened single CCD Digital Camera file look
extremely soft including the S1 I have used. At the mean time, a good
film scanner (even my LS2000 or LS10 at 2700dpi) with any ISO100 film
need no sharpen to produce very good result (actually much better than
any DC files I have ever seen).

Would you believe 3.25M pixels (D30's res) can show all the data on
your 35mm film? I won't!

C.H.Ling