Re: [OM] [OT] Eggs and Politicians

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Eggs and Politicians
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:42:21 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Absolutely - an egg is a day's work for a chook. Show some respect.
> Andrew
>
> >That reminds me of when Trudeau was touring Western Canada by
> >train, and at one stop people were throwing eggs at the train.  One guy
> >was watching, but wasn't participating.  A reporter asked him why he
> >wasn't throwing eggs, and the guy replied, "That'd be a waste of good
> >eggs!"  <Grin!>
> >
> >Chris

In western Canada Trudeau is best remembered for the time when his train
stopped in Kamloops which is a city of 70,000 on the trans Canada
highway about five hours north east of Vancouver. When confronted by a
heckler, Trudeau emerged from his carriage and gave the man a very
prominent middle finger salute which was captured on tv. In my opinion
Canada is better off without the man ......... Trudeau that is, not the
hecker.

jh

ps: ..........for those not in the know, one of Trudeau's pall bearers
at his state funeral in Montreal was Fidel Castro.