Re: [OM] [OT] Eggs and Politicians

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Eggs and Politicians
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:43:57 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Absolutely - an egg is a day's work for a chook. Show some respect.
> Andrew
>
> >That reminds me of when Trudeau was touring Western Canada by
> >train, and at one stop people were throwing eggs at the train.  One guy
> >was watching, but wasn't participating.  A reporter asked him why he
> >wasn't throwing eggs, and the guy replied, "That'd be a waste of good
> >eggs!"  <Grin!>
> >
> >Chris

In western Canada Trudeau is best remembered for the time when his train
stopped in Kamloops which is a city of 70,000 on the trans Canada

.......sorry, that should have been Salmon Arm which about 90 minutes
east of Kamloops and still on the trans Canada highway.

highway about five hours north east of Vancouver. When confronted by a
heckler, Trudeau emerged from his carriage and gave the man a very
prominent middle finger salute which was captured on tv. In my opinion
Canada is better off without the man ......... Trudeau that is, not the
heckler.

jh

ps: ..........for those not in the know, one of Trudeau's pall bearers
at his state funeral in Montreal was Fidel Castro.