Re: [OM] OM 1 Question - 1.35V Battery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1 Question - 1.35V Battery
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 01:53:37 -0800

Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> responds:

> Not only with the meter be off, you may damage it.  Just ask somebody
> on list to sell you the proper mercury battery.  I have bought mine
> from Gary Schloss in the US.

Joel is absolutely right -- on both counts, and, in case anyone wonders,
I still have plenty of new, factory sealed, made by Varta (Germany)
PX625 mercury (Hg) 1.35 volt cells, which I'm happy to sell to anyone.
OLY list members enjoy preferential treatment, discounted pricing,
quick and reliable service.  Pls request further details off-list.

Joel W., thanks much for the plug.

P.S. Pls beware of some of the "Made in China" Hg cells.  Even though
their packaging may indicate that these are Hg cells, quite often
what's inside is the inferior and far cheaper alkaline cells.

P.P.S. Now is the time to buy Christmas presents for your OM-1/1N's,
and what could be better than some fresh Hg cells?  ;-) ;-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA