[OM] u[mju:]-II ZOOM Recall

Subject: [OM] u[mju:]-II ZOOM Recall
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:41:31 -0600
Dan,

The full text of the recall is posted at:
http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/Info/n001130.html

It basically says that with certain mju-II ZOOM camera body
numbers:
1008100~1138500
5000001~5045300
sold between July 1998 and April 1999
have rewind problems (does not rewind).
There are no rewind problem identified
with body numbers no mentioned and
other mju series and other 35mm cameras
such as
u[mju:]-II ZOOM VF or
u[mju:]-II ZOOM 80 VF

My guess is Olympus is recalling the cameras
marketed only in Japan.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa