Re: [OM]Re:Roll call

Subject: Re: [OM]Re:Roll call
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:18:27 +0100
On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 09:49:48AM +0900, k.matsumoto wrote:
> >My dictionary can`t really  explain me  what the meaning
> >of 'roll call' is, but it`s a good idea to get to know
> >where we live.
>
> >Frieder Faig
> >Stuttgart, Germay
>
> You have a small dictionary... I need a 270,000-words
> class English-to-Japanese dictionary to read the mails
> delivered from the list!
>
> But I think roll call is what teachers do in the classroom.
>
> kazuya matsumoto
> (who also has a GROSSES DEUTSCH-JAPANISCHES W:ORTERBUCH)

270,000 are a lot of words, I think mine is about 50,000.... but still helps me
a lot.

Thanks for all the information. There is always a lot you learn about
foreign cultures, when working with the language. - e.g. there are not so much
roll-calls here in Germany ( does not mean there are none...).

Frieder Faig