[OM] Re Gas prices

Subject: [OM] Re Gas prices
From: John Venables <jjvenables@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:48:03 +1000
Petrol (gasoline) prices in Melbourne Australia are around A$0.93 per litre(
around US$1.90 per gallon) at the moment.  This can vary by upto A$0.10 per
litre depending what discounting is going on at the time.
Last year I spent 3 months travelling through central Australia and down the
West Coast.  Cameras were OM10, OM40 and Rollieflex TLR. Also a video camera
which I find very difficult.   One with slide film the other with print.  The
Rollie was used for B+W.  Petrol prices at that time were A$0.70 per litre in
Melbourne.  The highest price paid was A$1.10 on the Nullabor Plain.  The cost
of fuel was A$2,500 for the 20,000 kilometres travelled.  If we did the trip
this year it would be another A$500 in fuel costs which would have put a big
hole in our budget .
        Did not take as many photos as I would have liked.  Travelling with two
children makes it hard to take time out just for photos,  but maybe that gives
me an excuse to do it all again someday!!!

John Venables
Email  jjvenab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          jjvenables@xxxxxxxxxxx