Re: [OM] Santa's Christmas List

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa's Christmas List
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:52:22 -0800 (PST)
Bill Barber wrote:

Lets see now, 3 Olympus items and $1000.  What I really need, as
opposed to really want, is two 1.35 V Mercury batteries and one MD
cover for my OM1.  That would take care of my three wishes and should
leave quite a bit of change from the $1,000.  What could you do with
the balance?  I can think of at least three things.
1) Call the local food pantry to find out what their most urgent need
is and then go load up the old SUV with these items and make a
difference for a lot of families.
2) Check with the local Women's Center and see what their needs
are and use your  change to make Christmas a little happier for some
families who may not be experiencing much joy during the holiday
season.
3) If you really want to get on the edge . . . get some $20 or $50
dollars bills and pass them out to the homeless or street people in
your community.  Each of these might create opportunities for you to
use the Olympus equipment you currently enjoy.  All of them will create
priceless memories of the change a little change can make.  May all
your biggest dreams come true . . .  Happy Holidays.  Bill Barber
OK, Bill, you win! I bet there isn't a dry eye on the list. Let's make
it a limit of $2,000 with half going to a charity of your choice. And I
echo your sentiments: happy times to all!

Regards,

=====
Ray