Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bellows usage with several lenses
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:27:40 +0100
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 09:30:47AM +0000, Olaf Greve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your replies regarding the question about the bellows usage!

> [Rudy:]
>
> >hmm, wondering, cause Pangerl wrote in the same book (german edition)
> >that if using the 2.0/85 lens (yes not the 4/80 !) in conjunction with the
> >bellow you should/must use the close focus distance  - IIRC - so the close
> >up aberrration control group can kick in.
>
> This then, sounds strange again...?!?
>
> >I will check this again after being at home tonight (now at job place) , I
> >will check if what Olaf mentioned is in the german
> >edition (though it should but who knows ...) as in the dutch one.
>
> I haven't checked this section again in Pangerl, but it sounds familiar...
> Hmmm, anyone any idea why the 85/2 should be used at closest focusing, and
> the 50/3.5 not?!?

I think this is a misunderstandig, maybe caused due to translation.
Now, im my german editon of this book this statement refers only to
 the 50-mm standart- (!)- lenses, which should set to infinity.
  For ease of setting, and there is no gain with tins lenses.

Slide copying with the 3.5/50 Macro is discussed in the paragrah before, as a
better
possiblity. He advices to set the focusing barrel to 0.3m, to get the best gain
from the close
focusing mecanism. But the bellows must be aranged in a more complicated way.

Frieder Faig