[OM] [OT] Things that cause you to die.

Subject: [OM] [OT] Things that cause you to die.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:20:36 -0700
On the top of my list is Living.

Think about it!  Everyone I've ever known who's died has Lived first.  It's
dangerous!  We should all try to do as little Living as possible, lest we die.
And the correlation between living and dying is approximately 100%.  (There's
rumours about a carpenter from Galilee two thousand years ago, but no-one's got
photos, so...)

Compared to Living, all the other things that cause you to die (cancer, alleged
greenhouse effects, high fuel taxes, interminable U.S. Presidential elections,
barbecue, overpriced OM gear [a personal favourite]) are mere pittances, hardly
even worthy of mention.

Garth

"Risk management is not a cost, it's a way to make money.  If one organization
can manage its risk better than another, then it will be more profitable.
Smart companies embrace risk, look for more of it, and figure out how to do
business in the face of it."

   -- Bruce Schneier
      Counterpane Internet Security, Inc.