[OM] Efficient list reading (was: The elusive f2: aperture scale inaccur

Subject: [OM] Efficient list reading (was: The elusive f2: aperture scale inaccuracy?)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 00:53:53
Irked at the comment:

"Please reply to this post directly, if you would. I don't always >>have time to sift through the long digest. Thanks."

Simon sez:

"Don't sub*scribe to it then."

I just thought I'd offer my dos pesos for wading through the list efficiently. Our rural phone system is none too fast and we seldom can connect at the maximum 28.8 speed of our obsolete modem. Also my Hotmail account limits me to 2MB total, which list traffic can easily exceed in a week.

So I technically unsub*scribed from the list but follow it almost daily via the archived digests. This method is much, much faster than using my Hotmail account and allows faster scrolling and more efficient searches for specific topics or keywords. I'd guesstimate it takes less than half the time it used to for me to keep up with the list now.
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."