Re: [OM] Prices for OM equipment--holding steady or declining?

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices for OM equipment--holding steady or declining?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:20:10 -0700
On 7 Dec 2000, at 14:26, Lyle Olsen wrote:

> Is it my imagination, or are prices of used OM equipment (and Nikon SLR and
> Nikonos) equipment, the only other 35mm I follow much on ebay) been falling
> somewhat in the last say, year or two?

I don't know 'bout the last year or two, cuz I haven't been watching that
long, but e-Bay seems to be going crazy, lately.  Saw a T20 go for
US$71 last night.  (Yes, that's right...  T20...  US$71...  go figure!)  I've
also seen good looking OM-10's go for US$50 one day, and then one in
exactly the same condition (or worse) go for US$80 the next day.
Same holds true for bodies...  seen good ones go for dirt cheap (never
when *I* had any money to spend), and dogs go for stoopid prices.

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.  Sure is interesting,
though.

Regards,

Chris