Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:26:06 -0600
The PX625A is not suitable for the OM-1, even though the battery guidebooks
in stores like Walmart will say it is. It is an alkaline cell intended to
replace the discontinued EPX625 (or equivalent) which was the design
battery. It is the right size, but the voltage is too high (initially), and
it has been reported to damage meter movements. If the camera has been
modified to drop the voltage, it may not cause damage, but its bad discharge
curve will cause meter readings to change with time. If the camera has been
modified, a 357 with a sleeve will work better. I don't know of a Ag battery
the same size.

See E625G (their name for it) at http://data.energizer.com/
and EPX625 under discontinued batteries.

1. Wein Zn-air 625. www.microtools.com and many camera stores
2. 675 Zn-air with sleeve. www.olympusguy.com
3. CRIS MR-9 or similar adapter with 357 or MS76 http://www.criscam.com/ or
www.zuiko.com