Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:35:52 EST
In a message dated 12/8/00 12:38:29 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Here's the reply from the camera tech regarding the PX625A battery.
> comments, anyone?

> As far as I know there's no equivalent silver-oxide to the PX625A.
> SR44 or 357 are the smaller diameter batteries which goes on the
> OM-2 cameras.

Chris:

Now that the circuit has been converted to 1.5V, I think I would use
something (foam, cardboard, plastic, etc.) to fill in the gap between the
edges of a 357 or an SR44 silver oxide battery and the OM-1 battery
compartment and use one of them rather than the alkaline battery. It should
be no problem to make a plastic ring from a small piece of plastic. You might
even find a usable nylon washer in a hardware store.

Robert