Re: [OM] my first go at the list

Subject: Re: [OM] my first go at the list
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:57:54 +0100
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 04:30:13PM -0800, Gary Reese wrote:
> Mike V. writes:
>
> << Look for tests on the 350/2.8 from Gary Reese soon as he has recently
> finished testing it. >>
>
> My latest round of tests are complete. For a preview, go to:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~pcacala/OMTestAdditions12-6-2K.html
>
> which contains additions (like the 350mm f/2.8 Zuiko with and without
> Olymnpus teleconverters), new combos with the Olympus 2X-A (wow!),

I have a "Handbuch des olympus OM-Systems" printed in 1998. Olavo wrote about
new reprint when back from Photokina. They recomend some lins-converter
combinations
which were new to me:

Lenses usable with 2xA:
200mm F/4
300mm F/4.5
400mm F/6.3
500mm F/8 Mirror (!)
600mm F6.5
1000mm F/11, even tow converters are usable when you want a 4000mm F/44

They especailly mentioned that the converter could be used with the macro
bellow
lenses 20-38-80-135mm: Quote:
"If it is necessary due to special reasons in scientific use,  the scale-ratio
of the
 4 Bellows-Macro-Lenses can be doubled with the 2xA-Teleconverter added between
the
 Cameraand Bellows/Auto-Macro-Tubus. The insignificant decrease of the
 optical Performance can be neglected in most cases. "

I tried a shoot 135 F/4.5+ 2xA, and it loked nice, but not really a signifcant
test.

Lenses usable with 1.4xA:
18mm F2; 180mm F2.8; 250mm F2; 350mm F2.8;  400mm F6.3

Statement: "All other Tele-Zuiko-lenses are usable with the 2xA-Konverter"
And what about the 300 F/4.5??
And no special konverter info for 100mm lenses.

Frieder Faig