Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Battery Question
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:22:51 -0700
At 01:04 PM 12/8/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Chris:
>
>I tried the Excell. The ones I bought measured 1.45V. Your best bet is to buy
>the Varga 1.3 mercury batteries. Gary Schloss has some for sale. Seems I also
>recall someone said that they were still available in Canada. One Canadian
>list member mentioned finding some for sale in a local camera shop.
>
>Robert

That would be me.  Chris (and any other List members in or around Edmonton,
Alberta, Canada) you can still get Varta V625PX's at McBain's Camera (any
location, but the 107th Avenue store is the best-stocked, and it gives you an
excuse to go and ogle their new digital section [they've been renovating] --
the E-10 combined with the Oly dye-sub printer is an awesome combination!).

I bought a box of 10 V625PX's not too long ago, and only have two left.  At the
time, they were selling for $5.95 CDN + GST, with no discounts for a boxful.

Garth