[OM] Re: gries, it's rarity, my dear

Subject: [OM] Re: gries, it's rarity, my dear
From: "dolphans1" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:13:32 -0600
Gries,

I asked the same thing myself and it's the rarity of the lens and the fact
that the 40mm offers a split between the angle of views of a 50mm lens and a
35mm lens.

Some photographers will debate what the angle of view on a photograph is the
closest thing to the human eye, a 50mm or a 35mm. With a  35mm lens you
start to notice some distortion and they say with a 40mm there is none, or
at least none that is noticeable compared with a photograph taken by a 50mm
lens.

The lens is extremely thin and light, and focuses extremly close, 30cm and I
wish I had one, but I don't....

Sam....