[OM] MLU and lenstests was: my first go at the list

Subject: [OM] MLU and lenstests was: my first go at the list
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 17:08:31 +0100
Hello Gary,

> Gary Reese wrote:

> > My latest round of tests are complete.

you might find this URL to be funny:

http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/mlu.html

It's discussing the superiority of the OM-1 vs.. the OM-4Ti in lens
testing.

In my humble opinion, the MLU of the OM-1 was never intended to reduce
mirror induced vibrations (the mirror mechanism is still activated)
but to give the lens designer the possibility to create lenses
protruding into the mirror box. At the time of designing the OM-1 such
lenses were not uncommon. Also should we not forget that Olympus is
foremost an microscope company, so such an capability of the OM-1
might have been considered useful for some of their gadgets.

Best regards