Re: [OM] MLU and lenstests was: my first go at the list

Subject: Re: [OM] MLU and lenstests was: my first go at the list
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:02:31 +1100
I was interested in the Bob Monaghan page because it discussed something I
had tried - using a 'sportsfinder.' While he talks Bronica, I found the old
Mamiya Press stuff more useable and affordable (esp. as I have a Press
outfit). The best viewer is the one for the 65mm wide angle - it's like a
little TV and is extremely bright with good 'eye relief'. It is 'not quite'
big enough for a 28mm showing, at a guess, 90%,  but very useable and
usually quite cheap. The viewers for the 50 and 75mm lenses are not so
useable and very much more expensive. There are often wire frame Mamiya
Press viewers advertised on eBay but they tend to be for the standard and
short tele lens objectives - i.e. 90/150 on 6x7 - and so not so useful for
wide angle zone focussing.
Either way, an OM with an auxilliary viewfinder looks deadly!
Andrew