Re: [OM] OM2s shutter strings?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2s shutter strings?
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:25:17 +0100

>From  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html

Body Group - what to look for in a used body:

     12) Some OM-2S's have a problem called "flying shutter strings"
     where the strings that operated the shutter get loose and fly
     up in front of the film.  This results in odd dark shadows in
     pictures taken with one of these cameras.  Here is one way to
     test a used camera for the problem (thanks to John Hermanson):
     Mount a T32 in hot shoe (set to high auto setting), set the
     camera to manual 1/60 (not mechanical 1/60), open the camera
     back, place a piece of while translucent paper across the film
     plane. Fire camera at close white background.  You should
     eventually be able to see the shadow of the string on the paper.

mvh / regards
Roger Key