[OM] Varta 1.35v Mercury Batteries

Subject: [OM] Varta 1.35v Mercury Batteries
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:31:42 -0700
Just a quick update on the discussion 'bout Varta V625PX batteries that
happened over the weekend...

I just got back from McBain's Photo (Edmonton, AB Canada) where I bought a
then V625PX batteries for a list member.  Although they were marked
CDN$5.95 (around US$4.00) each, the salesperson told me their computer has
them priced at CDN$9.95 (US$6.67) each!  (Something 'bout supply v.s.
demand, I suppose!)  I managed (with some bitching) to get all they had on
the rack at the lower price, but the guy said when he restocks the rack
they'll be at the higher price.

So, if anyone needs V625PX batteries, best get them NOW!  I'll be going to
another McBain's store on Wednesday or Thursday, and can clean-out their
stock of the lower-priced batteries then, if anybody wants me to get them
some.

OFF-LIST replies to mailto:coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx please.

Regards,

Chris