Re: [OM] Aerial Photography [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Aerial Photography [OT]
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:23:53 -0600
--- snip  ----
> Hmmm, are there still any flying Me-262s and/or Me-109s left?!?
>
> Cheers!
> Olafo

There are Me-109s still flying, almost all are Spanish built with the RR
Merlin rather than the Daimler Benz engine.  I think there is only one
with the original engine still flying and it is due to be retired.

As for the 262 there are no flying examples.  There were six brand new
ones being built in the US that used a modern turbojet engine.  They
were in the late stages of construction but, I think, ran into finacial,
and legal problems.  I'm not certain of their fate.  Maybe we'll yet see
one flying again.

Jerry Liles