Re: [OM] .....sad news.....

Subject: Re: [OM] .....sad news.....
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:08:17 +1100
I'm actually embarrassed to admit it, but I'm so paranoid about fungus on my Zuikos that new acquisitions don't get stored in the same containers as my "older" zuiks until a suitable quarantine period has elapsed (usually 2-3 months). Afterall, you really don't know the lineage of a lens you buy on e-bay or elsewhere. I don't know whether 2-3 months is enough to show anything, but it certainly makes me feel better about letting my old lenses become intimately acquainted with any "newbies".

peter

The sadder news is the real and present risk a modly lens
means to the rest of your equipment. I may be paranoid when it
comes to mold, but I simply jettison anything that resembles
mold. Living in a humid climate, one has to be very careful.
There's no reason to jeopardize the rest of your kit.

                    *= Doris Fang =*