Re: [OM] .....sad news.....

Subject: Re: [OM] .....sad news.....
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:04:49 -0000
Frieder wrote:
> Well, I think  I will start to sunbathe all of my lenses in the summer....
<G>
> Don`t wanna guess what my neighbours will think about me, when I
> string up all of my equipment on the window sill, and turn them around
time by time...

While this may be good for the glass, it probably isn't beneficial to the
rest of the lens unit - heat on the black parts will heat up the whole unit
causing possible distortions, liquefying lubricant to cause it to run where
it's not wanted and, as already mentioned, damage to the rubber focusing
ring and the lens cap at the other end

I'd suggest dropping a disk of reflective metallic foil into the other end's
lens cap to reflect the light and heat back from the black cap and to help
to 'cook' the fungus spores from both sides. A roll of white paper around
the lens barrel would reduce the heat on that too.

Regards,
Keith