Re: [OM] .....the plague .....

Subject: Re: [OM] .....the plague .....
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:59:57 +0000
Same here.  Ireland is very damp - year round.  the humidity in the house
is always around 83%, even in summer.  Either that or the humidity gauge
is cactus.

My solution to the problem has been to combine my lens storage and portage
needs.

Rather than use a conventional camera bag I have two Pelican air/water
tight cases in which my gear lives, at home or on the move.

I use silica gel desiccant in each case and regularly recharge it in a warm
oven.

I think this works as I have been doing this for several years now and
have had no trace of fungus on any lens that lives in one of theses cases
but have had some start on a 50/1.4 SC loupe that lives on a shelf.

Giles