Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta
From: Rainer Wagner <Rainer.Wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:45:13 +0100
Hi Kelton,
I have started using an Exakta around  66, and still keep it. The changeable
screens and finder served me well, and there is a neat little feature that I
never
again saw : Instead of the Film spool you can put in a second cannister,
transport
the film into this and after some exposures you can cut the film with the built
in
knife (look for the screw
left bottom) and just develop this short piece..works fine! By the way, my
normal
lens is a Schneider Xenon 1,9/ 50,
tacksharp to the edge even wide open (tested with starfield shots)
I had one bad experience: since this thing leaves the mirror locked up after
shooting, dont leave it in the sun! I had a hole burnt in the shutter curtain...
Rainer