Re: Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] [OT] Zuik Discovers Exakta
From: "skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:21:32 -0500
Cc: "olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, you may have to wind the slow speed know pretty hard.  Zeez kamaras ver
made vor un real man, nicht a girlie man.  Wind away with confidence!

Regarding the autodiaphram capability, they are available on your camera.  My
Schneider lens has a shutter relase button that stops down the lens and then
presses the shutter in one motion.  Yes, the camera by itself offers no
autodiaphram mechanism.  It's all controlled by the lens.  Welcome to the 50's.

I have a penta-prism finder for my Varex IIa, which is also quite bright.  I'm
sure it would fit yours.  The images are VERY nice, nice color and contrast.
The high speeds (1/500, 1/1000) are a little slow, but the other mid-range
speeds are very good.  And I was shooting chromes.  I'l post a picture if I get
a chance.

You might want to check out www.exakta.org as a primary resource.  Stephen
Gandy has a section on Ekata's too on www.cameraquest.com.

Skip