[OM] Black vs Chrome?

Subject: [OM] Black vs Chrome?
From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:13:09 -0800
Sorry, two more questions...

My friend tells me that if I want to buy a camera, I should always
buy a fully back one because if I travel abroad, thieves always likes
to steal the chrome ones because they somehow associate "shiny" with
"expensive".  Is this true or is he feeding me a bowl of $*it?

I see a bunch of Chrome OM-1's but don't see any black ones, were
there just more Chrome ones produced or what's the deal?  It is just
more popular?

Thanks!
Albert