Re: [OM] How much $$$ for an OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] How much $$$ for an OM-1n?
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:58:39 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:55, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I'll tell you my final secret---shhh---don't tell anyone.  The default is to
>snipe with 10 seconds remaining.  If you have a good connection (it will
>dialup for you), set it to 9 seconds or even 8.  Most people leave the
>default and you'll snipe their snipe.

>Good luck!

>Tom

I've not tried one of these programs, but just a question on
the "clock".  I assume the sniper program uses the local clock
on your computer to decide when to dial in, but with a "10
second" margin window, isn't it likely that your clock and the
auctioneers clocks (for example eBay, Amazon, or Yahoo) will
be more than 10 seconds out of sync?  So how do you
synchronize the clocks?  So "10 seconds" could easily be "2
minutes" or it could be "too late".  Just curious.
        -Dan